PARIS ILE-DE-FRANCE TRIATHLON
July 7 & 8, 2012
Terms & Conditions
As of September 9, 2011
The purpose of these terms & conditions is to define the conditions that pertain to all applications for entry to the Paris-Ile de France Triathlon made via the FFTRI website.
2. Acceptation of the terms & conditions
The purchase of an entry to the Paris-Ile-de-France Triathlon through this website implies the full acceptance by the buyer of these terms & conditions.
Checking the box “I accept the Organizer’s Terms & Conditions and the above waiver” and confirming the order, implies the purchaser's unreserved acceptance of these terms & conditions, recognition of complete comprehension and a disclaimer with regard to his/her own conditions of purchase and correspondence.
Data provided by the purchaser and his/her confirmation shall be deemed a valid proof of the transaction. Confirmation shall be deemed a signature and acceptance of transactions.
The seller will send the confirmation of the registered order by email.
3. Modifications to the terms & conditions
With the exception of the entry fees set by the organizer before each Triathlon de Paris-Ile de France and which are valid for the full registration period, the FFTRI reserves the right to adept or amend at any time the content of these terms & conditions. If case of amendment, the terms & conditions in force on the date of entry will be applied.
4. Transfer of image rights
Each participant at the Paris Triathlon can inform the organizer in writing that he/her is opposed to the transfer of his/her image.
In the absence of such notice, each participant expressly authorizes the Organizers of the Paris-Ile-de-France Triathlon and their rightful claimants such as partners and media to use any still or motion pictures in which a competitor might appear, and that are taken or shot during his/her participation in the Paris-Ile-de-France Triathlon by means of any medium, including promotional or advertising documents. This authorization is valid all over the world and for the longest duration provided by the law, regulations and treaties in force, including any possible extensions that may subsequently be made to such duration.
5. Address of F.F.TRI headquarters
All postal mail shall be sent to the FFTRI headquarters:
Fédération Française de Triathlon
“Triathlon de Paris-Ile-de-France”
2 rue de la Justice
93213 SAINT-DENIS LA PLAINE CEDEX
6. Entry fees and day pass
a. Individual Olympic Distance triathlon (limited to 4300 places)
The entry fees for the individual race increase for each thousand entries:
- For the first 1000 entrants (1 to 1000) : sixty euro (60 €)
- For the next 1000 entrants (1001 to 2000) : seventy euro (70 €)
- For the rest of the entrants (2001 and above) : eighty euro (80 €)
Any individual that does not hold a valid FFTRI “Compétition” (Competition) licence or does not have a valid license from a foreign triathlon federation affiliated to the ITU will be required to purchase, in addition to the entry fee, a DAY PASS set for 2012 at twenty euro (20 €).
b. Olympic Distance triathlon team relay race (limited to 200 places)
The entry fee for each team is ninety nine euro (99 €)
Any individual that does not hold a valid FFTRI “Compétition” (Competition) licence or does not have a valid license from a foreign triathlon federation affiliated to the ITU will be required to purchase, in addition to the entry fee, a DAY PASS set for 2012 at 5 euro (5 €) for each non-licenced team member.
7. Online registration
It is only possible to enter the event via the Internet.
Registrations are open from 15 September 2011.
Registrations will close on June 23, 2012, subject to availability.
All supporting documents (licence, parental consent, proof of identity, day pass, medical certificate, which authorizes the participation in a competition triathlon , etc.) will have to be presented or given to the organizers upon collection of the race number.
If the required documents are not provided, or the documents provided are not compliant, no race number will be delivered and no refunds shall be made.
8. Payment by credit/debit card
Payment shall only be made by credit card (Visa, Mastercard). The credit card will be debited immediately upon registration.
9. Absence of right of withdrawal
As the service provided is a leisure service provided on a given date, the purchaser does not benefit from a right of withdrawal (article L.121-20-4 of the French Consumer code).
10. Individual/team relay entry
It is possible to register individually or as a relay team consisting of two or three people. It is stated that only SENIOR and VETERAN athletes are allowed to take part in several activities within the same team
11. Personal, nominative and non transferable entry
Each entry is strictly personal and nominative. Each entry is allocated a race number that is strictly personal and non transferable to a third party.
All entries shall be firm and binding and shall not be refunded under any circumstances, except as provided under an individual cancellation option proposed by the organizer.
13. Personal cancellation insurance (optional)
At the time of his/her registration, each participant can take out a “personal cancellation insurance” for an amount of fifteen euro (15 €).
If the entrant chooses to take out the personal cancellation insurance, checking the box “I accept the Organizer’s Terms & Conditions and the above waiver” and confirming the order, implies the purchaser's unreserved acceptance of these terms & conditions, recognition of complete comprehension and a disclaimer with regard to his/her own conditions of purchase and correspondence.
1) Should the entrant choose to take out the personal cancellation insurance, the cost of this personal cancellation insurance will be added to the total amount to be paid by the entrant.
2) Purchase of the personal cancellation insurance will only allow the reimbursement of the entry fee, and the Day Pass if purchased, in the following cases:
- contra-indication against participation in triathlon events resulting from an accident
- contra-indication against participation in triathlon events following illness- death of the entrant
The amount of the personal cancellation insurance is not refundable.
3) All request for reimbursement must be made by registered letter with recorded delivery sent to the F.F.TRI. headquarters no later than June 23, 2012, date as confirmed by postmark, together with the necessary supporting documents (medical certificate specifying the reason for the inability to take part in a triathlon event, death certificate).
4) The reimbursement will be made within a period of one month from the day of receipt of the reimbursement request.
5) All requests for reimbursement that are incomplete or that do not comply with the submission procedure detailed above shall not be considered and no reimbursement will be made.
14. Cancellation of the event outside the control of the organizer
In the event of cancellation of the event outside the control of the organizer (weather conditions, decision of the administrative authorities, etc.) no reimbursement shall be made.
15. Conditions of registration for entrants under 18
For any application of an entrant under 18:
- The entry form must be completed by the statutory representative.
- The statutory representative must accept the Terms and Conditions.
- The parental consent must be completed and signed by the statutory representative.
- If the entrant aged under 18 does not have a valid “competition” licence issued by the F.F.TRI., the Day Pass must be completed and signed by the statutory representative.
16. Conditions for participation and validation of entry to the Paris-Ile-de-France Triathlon
a. For the “Olympic Distance Triathlon” individual race
- The participant must have been born in or before 1994 (category: junior, senior or veteran)
- The participant must have paid the required fees- The participant must produce (or give where necessary) all required supporting documents when collecting his/her race number.
If the required documents are not produced, or if the produced documents are not compliant, no race number will be delivered and no reimbursement will be made.
b. For the “Olympic Distance Triathlon” Team Relay race
- The team must be comprised of participants born in or before 1996 (category: cadet, junior, senior or veteran)
- The participant must have paid the required fees- All relay team members must produce (or give where necessary) all required supporting documents when collecting the race numbers.
If the required documents are not produced, or if the produced documents are not acceptable, no race number will be delivered and no reimbursement will be paid.
17. List of the supporting documents to produce/give when collecting race numbers
For holders of an F.F.TRI. “competition” licence:
- Your fully legible licence
- Your proof of identity- The parental consent for entrants under 18
For holders of a valid licence issued by a foreign triathlon federation affiliated to the ITU:
- Your original and fully legible licence including the name of your federation
- Your proof of identity- The parental consent for entrants under 18
In all other cases:
For the Relay race:
- An FFN licence for the swim leg, an FFC licence for the bike leg or an FFA licence for the run can replace the medical certificate.
- the medical certificate to be presented is a medical certificate of non-contraindication against participation in sporting competitions, dated less than a year on the day of the event and must cover the participation of the relevant team member (swim, bike or run)
In any event, if the required documents are not produced, or if the produced documents are not compliant, no race number will be delivered and no reimbursement will be made.
18. Race number retrieval
No race number retrievals will be possible on the morning of July 8, 2012.
Each participant must retrieve his/her bib in person at the times appointed, and no later than Saturday July 7 at 7pm.
The race number for a team may only be retrieved by one member of the team upon presentation of the supporting documents for all of the team members.
In accordance with the French Federal General Regulations, the race number for a participant that holds an F.F.TRI. licence may be retrieved:
- Either by the competitor him/herself, or
- By another F.F.TRI. licence holder of the same club, upon presentation of his/her French federal licence and ID, as well as the French federal licence of the competitor in question.
19. Race number and start wave
The race numbers and start waves shall be allocated by the organizers. Such allocations are made at the discretion of the organizers and it shall not possible, under any circumstances, to modify a participant’s race number or start wave allocation.
20. Deposit of bikes in the transition area
There shall be no authorised deposit of bikes in the transition area on Sunday morning, July 8, 2012.
Each participant shall deposit his/her bike in the transition area during the appointed times, and no later than 7pm on Saturday, July 7.
21. Compliance with the French General Federal Regulations
By registering for the Paris-Ile-de-France Triathlon, the participant agree to comply with the French General Federal Regulations (authorized equipment, rules, referees’ décision, etc.) that can be found on the following site : http://www.fftri.com/textes-officiels
22. Race with authorized drafting
As drafting is authorized, participants must use a bike that complies with the French General Federal Regulations (see extract below):
“Aero bars or bar ends are permitted, provided that their length does not extend beyond 15 cm from the front wheel axle, and does not exceed the line created by the most prominent points of the brake levers”
The aero bars must be bridged with a rigid device that is commercially available (that has not been adjusted or altered), and must not include forward pointing brake levers.
No straight bar ends or gear levers are allowed on aero bars, except for “Grip Shifter” type gear levers.
“Arm rests” are authorized.
Both wheels on the bike must be identical in diameter and contain at least 12 spokes on each wheel
Should you present any non-compliant equipment you will not be able to start the race and no refunds will be made.
23. Swim events
The water in the Seine, where each swim event will be held, is not considered to be bathing water.
Each participant willingly agrees to participate in the Paris-Ile de France Triathlon and any refusal to take part in the swim based on the results of water testing, that the organizer is obliged to perform before each Paris-Ile de France Triathlon, will not result in a refund.
The results of the Seine water analysis shall be made known to all participants on official boards.
Each participant is fully liable for his/her own equipment and personal belongings deposited in the transition area (wetsuit, shoes, stopwatch, bag, etc.).
25. Waiting list
The number of places is limited and a waiting list shall be set up in the event that the maximum number of entrants is reached.
The organizers of the Paris-Ile de France Triathlon shall not be held liable for any damage caused to participants’ bikes, regardless of whether or not they are French Triathlon Federation license holders.
b. Day Pass
Each person required to purchase a day pass is informed that:
- As part of this event, they are covered under the guarantees in the Allianz civil liability insurance contract subscribed to by the FFTRI
- The day pass does not provide any personal insurance coverage;
- It may be in their interest to take out insurance, from an insurer of their choice, that covers all possible injuries resulting from the practice of their sport.
- His/her bike is not covered by any insurance. Any material damage caused to his/her bike or third party bikes are not covered by the French federal liability insurance.
- Any damage caused by a third party to his/her bike is not covered by the French federal liability insurance.
c. F.F.TRI. license holders
In accordance with the insurance information given to you when you applied for your license, the organizer:
- Draws your attention to the benefits of purchasing personal insurance that covers any injuries that may result from the practice of your sport
- Reminds you that you have the option to purchase additional and optional "physical injury" insurance over and above the basic contract
- Reminds you that you have the option to purchase optional "Bike damage" insurance. No bike damage is covered, even under the civil liability insurance following a collision between triathletes.
d. Holders of a licence issued by a foreign triathlon federation affiliated to the ITU
Where a foreign athlete holds an F.F.TRI. licence or a licence affiliated to the ITU is injured during an event organized and/or managed by F.F.TRI., MONDIAL ASSISTANCE may pay hospital institutions directly to avoid the F.F.TRI., Regional Leagues, Departmental Committees, Clubs, Associations, affiliated establishments or the beneficiary from making cash advances. No checks for the amount to be covered shall be requested by MONDIAL ASSISTANCE who shall reinvoice ALLIANZ directly. The medical and hospital fees paid directly by MONDIAL to hospital institutions may not exceed the sum set forth in the French federal contract.
Payment of the guarantees
Following the intervention by the emergency services, any request for the payment of one of the services set forth in the assistance agreement shall be made directly by the beneficiary or his/her relatives to Mondial Assistance France by phoning 01 49 93 80 75 (dedicated line) (or 33 1 49 93 80 75 if phoning from abroad) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and stating the name and the number of the insurance contract (FFTRI, N°45797647), the first, last name and exact address of the beneficiary, and the phone number were the beneficiary may be reached.
27. Data Protection
The data collected is necessary for your registration and the management of optional services (personal cancellation insurance, etc.) you may have chosen to take out.
All data is stored electronically and destined for use by the F.F.TRI secretariat.
In accordance with the data protection act of January 6th, 1978 modified in 2004, you benefit from the right to access and require rectification of the personal information that has been collected about you by writing to Mr Guillaume FRITSCH, Directeur Administratif, Fédération Française de Triathlon, 2 rue de la Justice, 93213 SAINT-DENIS LA PLAINE Cedex, France.
You can also, for legitimate grounds, oppose the processing of your personal data.
In the event of a dispute, the French version of the Terms & Conditions shall prevail.